I received the control board for the monitor. It, amazingly, didn't take too long to arrive.
This thing was the only thing standing in the way of having the monitor work. I understand now the importance of this thing, since it controls majority of the monitor stuff.
I installed the board when I got home from my friend's place. I didn't try it right after installing because it was late when I got home. I did manage to prep all the power wiring prior to turning in for the night.
So, in the morning, I put the JAMMA game in and double checked all the connections before turning it on for testing.
Oh yeah! Finally a stable image and sound!
I let my son have a go at playing Power Instinct for a bit. He helped out testing the 2nd player controls. There's an issue with the down direction with initial testing, but that was sorted out pretty easy.
I unplugged it and now I'm gonna wait a while until everything is discharged before taking the monitor out and finalizing putting the rest of the Atomiswave's panels together.
I think it's time to order the one part that will fully finalize this arcade build. Stay tuned!



No comments:
Post a Comment