Monday, December 2, 2019

Atomiswave panels back in...

...and I don't know how I feel about them.

First of, the monitor flashing (or whatever you call the plastic shell that goes around the monitor).

I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, I could just leave it off and just go with an industrial, bare metal looking thing, but with the high voltage of the monitor and the kiddos playing it, I'll have to have it on there...maybe 3D print a piece? I dunno.

With that small instruction panel in, it makes this whole thing look complete.

There was one more panel to install in the back; it was a panel that blocks hands from messing around behind the cabinet with high voltage and other wiring. That one involved contorting my body between the back of the Atomiswave and the Nintendo VS cab (that light blue cab in the pic, you can see it better in the first pic) to get that panel on. Of course, I had to remove the Atomiswave shelf that sits right behind that small instruction panel, shove the longer, "protection" panel screwed into place, then reinstall that panel.

I did notice that I am missing a panel for the rear. It's the panel that covers up the power supply. I'm not really too worried about it, but I'm sure I could easily make one in the future.

All that's really left is installing the heavy marquee and drill out holes in the control panel to make it a 6 button layout ala Street Fighter II and cosmetically, this cab is done!..ish...

I also managed to order the part that I needed to shove a Raspberry Pi in there...I know, I know. Emulation, blah, blah, blah. But I really don't want to spend a lot to play an obscure arcade game for a few minutes before shelving it and playing it several times months later or not at all anymore, not to mention swapping games out every single time. This will be a great treat, and another amazing adventure.

Excited for what's coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment