Just a few things that I've done since the last post the other day.
I soldered in the coin cell battery holder in. I just have to get the battery then it'll go back into the Neo Geo.
For the Atomiswave, I soldered the marquee wires and covered them with heat shrink tubing.
This thing that I found at a thrift shop works wonders with heat shrink tubing. My wife had these that were used for fingernail sticker application. It puts off enough heat the shrink the tubes. I used it to also warm up adhesives in a DualShock 4 controller to transfer the touchpad PCB to a new, colored touchpad cover.
I don't think that I mentioned it before, but I sold my Everdrive v1.1 at PRGE, and I felt that I didn't need a replacement anytime soon. Well, there was a sale...I had to pick one up.
And it's the latest version! It took about 10 days for it to come from overseas. I took it for a quick test play, and it works perfectly. I have to try out some of the games that the 1.1 couldn't play.
Revisiting the monitor issue, I have a feeling that I'm missing some cables that go from the chassis to the neckboard, and I think that it's CRITICAL for the operation of the monitor. I'm gonna try and rig it with some cabling that I have and see if that solves it. Otherwise, the worst case scenario is that I have to replace the flyback on the chassis or totally replace the chassis and neckboard. We'll have to see.





No comments:
Post a Comment