I'm waiting for just one more thing to finally be able to close up the Neo Geo for good...until I have to do all the external stuff.
So, to keep my motivation going, I decided to start on the Atomiswave cabinet.
I started off by rearranging a few things in the garage (mainly moving my friend's old computer stuff) and rotated the cabinet around so it's facing the same way the Neo is. The first step was to see how the monitor chassis looked like. I thought it would be easy like the Neo, where I could just remove the little back panel and work from there. But alas...
There was no screws to be found.
???
I took a peek inside, and it seems that its screwed in from the inside...design flaw or genius? I had to find a way to work on the chassis, to get the RGBSG from the JAMMA connector.
I took a minute to look at the cabinet and noticed that there are 4 bolts holding the monitor and chassis into the cab. I just took those 4 bolts off and took the monitor and chassis out.
Here's the monitor freed from the cabinet. It does look like it's in great shape.
Another shot.
I took some time to check all the wiring. The I was greeted with this.
Wiring to the speakers of the cabinet. I don't understand why they were cut. I'll have to figure out a quick connect solution for this.
This is the AC power going to the marquee's florescent light. I'm planning on getting rid of the fluorescent tube and throw an LED tube instead. Anyway, this set of wires got cut going into the marquee. Easy enough fix, but ugh.
I got some of the panels that were taken out back in place, with the exception with the back panels. I plan on possibly modifying that one panel behind the monitor so I can easily access the chassis without needing to remove the monitor.
I pretty much stopped here. The JAMMA harness I got doesn't have the proper connector for the monitor, and I need to get a Molex connector for power to the JAMMA harness to connector to the arcade power supply.
No comments:
Post a Comment