Saturday, November 23, 2019

More updates...

Still trying to figure out why the Atomiswave monitor isn't working.

I did manage figure out why the monitor didn't have neck glow. It was the cable missing from the neckboard to the chassis mainboard that didn't allow the monitor to glow. I used an IDE cable that I had lying around to test it, then used some jumper cables to make a ribbon connector that will work.

However, I'm still having an issue. There is an image, but it's scrolling like there's no sync. After a few minutes, the monitor will shut off.

Google searching tells me that the monitor chassis is going into HV shutdown to protect the monitor. In order to fix that, I have to test and adjust the B+ voltage, which has me going in, while the monitor is on, and adjust a potientiometer that is deep in high voltage territory. Not only that, I have to break some epoxy that's stuck on there in order to adjust said B+ voltage.

...

Anyway, pics...
 I finally got a proper connector for RGBS installed, and you can see that rainbow colored ribbon cable there. It's just female to female jumpers that works fine. I thought there was something wrong with the JAMMA game that I was using, but I tested it with my Neo Geo monitor, and it worked fine.

The Atomiswave may need new caps, but I'm not too sure. I'll have to do the tests on it first before I dive into another recap.

In the meantime...
 A new project approaches! A really cheap, and worked, Nintendo VS cab.

Like, really worked...This is a back burner project for the time being, since I have to strip the whole thing apart, test it all, repair the cab, reinstall the parts...here we go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment