Tuesday, December 15, 2020

What's next?

 As (the miserable) 2020 draws close to an end, I have to put a pause on any work I'm gonna do and start getting back in it for 2021. There might be small projects here and there prior to 2021, but I'm shifting focus to getting Christmas done. 

Some things that I'm planning:

Atari joystick project: I printed a joystick case and plan on using it for various Atari consoles that I have. 

Game Gear project: There's 2 other Game Gears that I have, one requires a recap, the other I recapped a while before. I swapped the contrast dial from one to the other because one was broken, but that was to no avail. I plan on recapping the one that needs it, and consolize the one that's missing the contrast dial...or replace it, not sure yet. There is a chance that I may get all 3 VGA modified, but that's still up in the air.

Turbo Express project: Simply getting the screen swapped out for a bigger, brighter screen. I may also see about adding a rechargeable Li-On battery pack.

Atari 2600 Jr/Coleco Gemini project: It's just a matter of adding the UAV board to both of them.

PC Engine Duo/R project: Simple (I hope) recap for the both consoles. For the Duo, I'm planning on adding an audio amp similar to the one I put in the TG16, shortening up the region mod wiring, and possibly getting a multiout installed in it. The Duo R more of the same, with getting rid of the old mod inside of it and cleaning everything up. I'll have to get two RGB amps as well to finish it up.

Vectrex project: I just need to get that thing put back together. Case work, getting all screw bosses epoxied back in place, insides all cleaned. I had this sidelined because of fear of the CRT anode and getting shocked, but since working with the arcade cab's monitors, I think I can do it.

NES RGB project: Ordering some kits and getting it installed in my OG NES, AV Fami, and the Twin Fami. I may have to order more of the multiout connectors.

...that's some of the things off the top of my head. There will probably be more...oh, who am I kidding, there will be more. 

This is the halfway point of the month before we hit new years. This may or may not be my last post for this year. I'm still hoping to get one last project done (retrobrighting a few consoles that need it).

No comments:

Post a Comment