Part of my problem is that I get impatient when it's close to completion...any project. I mean, I tried not to rush it, but...ugh.
...anyway...
Here's the before:
A reminder of my modding past. I could only get better than this.
Here's what I finished with tonight:
...a little less cluttered? No wire ties, wires not crossing all over the place, shorter wires...I like this look much better.
I raided my PC Engine for the RGB amp I originally had installed in it. Instead of tapping RGBS from the Hu6260, I tapped them from the EXT...yeah, longer wires, but that's how I originally had them connected in my PC Engine. Last I played on the PC Engine, the RGB worked perfectly. It's just a matter of getting an SNES RGB cable to test it.
After verifying that all the connections were done (Audio L/R, 5v, Composite, Luma, Chroma, GND, CSync, Red, Green, and Blue), I put it all back together and tested it. As you can see, it worked wonderfully! Both composite and S-Video (shown here) were displayed beautifully on my monitor through the Retrotink. It doesn't show here since my work light is on, but the LEDs that I have at the TG16 logo worked perfectly as well! The region switch changed the colors as I hoped.
I just forgot to put the power switch cover back in...easy fix.
I'm glad I got this working again. The sound and power caps are new and...well, I guess I don't have to worry about the video now...maybe when I get a Turbo CD? I'm not sure. I really don't need it since I have a PC Engine Duo...which is my next project...along with the PC Engine Duo R...
Anyway...This project is complete (AFAIK). I'll have to get an RGB cable to test out if the board works. in the meantime...
Nintendo multiout goodness...






No comments:
Post a Comment