Got around to testing that S-video mod tonight. Really tired after work, but I got it installed strictly for testing only. I followed what Voultar mentioned for the installation. I also connected it to the SNES mutliout connector that I had made.
After getting all the connections done and verified, I got it plugged in using a model 1 Genesis adapter. I hooked up my Nintendo cables connected to the Retrotink and powered on the TG16.
...I got nothing...
I thought it might be the Retrotink acting up with a composite signal, so I tried it again using my old setup with my HMDI DVD/VCR to my larger tv.
...still nothing...
I could've sworn that I used a Genesis adapter with this thing before, but I went and looked for the OG TG16 adapter and tried again.
I first tried it on my larger TV...and it worked!...With at least composite.
I then moved it to my computer monitor and Retrotink to it.
I had this piece printed out for the PCBs of the multiout that I had made. With the cable I was testing with, it was a bit snug, but I can work with that. I trimmed out the hole where the old RF connector was to fit the print. Because of the curve at the back end, the print sticks out a little. I'm gonna work it into place a little heat from my hot air rework station to bend it along the curve. The plan is to epoxy the print into the case. There's a small issue with connections for the multiout; they're upside down in this orientation, but I think I solved that. The PCB gets held into place on the print with a screw, so the plan is to have all the connections soldered to the PCB, then place it into the print and screw it down.





No comments:
Post a Comment