Monday, September 1, 2014

Revisiting a Model 1 Genesis...

While getting in a cleaning mode this past weekend (Yay, Labor Day!), I found (yet again) a Sega Genesis Model 1. This one came with the Sega CD I found digging, I don't know, 3 years ago? Anyway, this one was known to be the crappiest Model 1 known (the VA7).

I have no idea why I still have this thing...

Soooo, I went online to check out information about overclocking it and whatnot. Got a small handful of info, so if I was gonna do it, I may have to follow a Genesis Model 2 style overclock. Same manner, different chip.

This one looks like it's gonna be a tight fit, since most overclock lead wires should be short...like 3", short.

I THINK I may have decent tutorial for the Model 2 that I can work off of. If it doesn't work, really no loss for me. Just slight disappointment.

I may attempt to do an S-Video mod to it too. Perhaps it might entice a sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment