Sunday, September 28, 2014

Phase one: Modify SCART to Component encoder. Status: Complete...

I'm SOOOOO glad this one wasn't commissioned, because I had FAIL written all over this. First off...

This...I need practice cutting holes in sheet metal. Plastics, OK. I can trim and carve that no problem. Sheet metal? Nope. Again. Thankfully this is my own project, so I don't really care about how it looks now...not yet, anyway. JB Weld might come in to play in the future. I should've just went with a hole and a wire.

The LM1881N for the sync stripper. Following the guide on Mmmonkey's Tutorials, I snipped off the legs that I wasn't using and shortened the legs that were gonna be used. I wasn't up to making a board for this.

Circuit complete. Not bad looking too. Made it small like the tutorial since I'm just gonna stuff it in the SCART to Component encoder anyway.

Wired for installation into the encoder.

Sync Stripper and all the proper connections to the SCART connector done.

And finally, audio jacks. Yes, I know one is blue. I have the parts on order, so I'll change them when I get the parts in. It doesn't show, but because the RCA jack is obnoxiously large, it's blocking that particular side from fully closing. Gonna fix that when I have to go back in.

What stinks is that I have no way to test it yet. I'm gonna be working on the PC Engine within the next couple days (I'm hoping), so with luck, I'll be good to go pretty soon here.

Good thing was that after doing this particular project, I remembered how I made my notes and my connections. Let's hope that they work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment