Thinking I needed to give it a wider footprint when pressing the button down, I came up with this solution.
Thumb tacks to get the wider footprint needed to get that button down.
The shaft, for some reason, was not pushing the pause and reset buttons perfectly. I filed down the shafts (just mere millimeters) so the thumb tack would sit just on the membrane of the button. Buuuuut, I goofed on this move.
I boneheadedly super glued the thumb tacks to the shafts of the button...before I got them in the case! Dummy!
Broke the thumb tacks off, cleaned up the glue, and then did it properly.
Now, got the case all put back together, works just fine. So problem solved and put on the market.
Figure I had some time, so I went and installed a EPROM for a multi region BIOS for my Sega CDs. I did the Model 1 first, since it was already socketed.
Original BIOS removed from the Model 1 SCD. Yay, sockets!
If it's not obvious, the top one is the burned EPROM I got in a trade for my old N64, the bottom one is the OG BIOS.
Seated in and ready to go.
...Sort of. After getting it installed, I tested it out. Turned on the Genesis...nothing. Just a little light activity from the SCD, nothing else.
...
Maybe the guy who burned them for me mismarked them (I asked him to make one for my Model 2 SCD, too). So I installed that one in...nothing also.
...
At this point, I thought I messed something up during the rebuild of the SCD. I put the original BIOS in...booted up just fine.
...
I let the guy who burned the EPROMs for me know my situation. He said that he has more EPROMs on order and he'll get them properly tested for me pretty soon.
Meh...
No comments:
Post a Comment