Ugh, I don't think it's the jet lag, but the fact I took a long ass nap this afternoon. Can't sleep.
So much on the mind.
Anyway, now that I'm back from vacation, it seems I've taken on a couple more projects.
One would be a joystick mod fix. The joystick's internals have an Imp v1 in it, a chip that directs data flow from two different controllers when plugged into USB. Basically, the stick SHOULD be able to connect to a PS3 and a 360 with no problems whatsoever. This one; not so much. It doesn't detect in the PS3 and up and another button doesn't work on the 360.
Opening it up yielded a bunch of wires and floating PCBs. Looks like the Imp might have shorted out, and there's a pad hack in there, too.
I may have to take some time on this one. It was for a friend back on Maui, so this one is priority one. For payment, he gave me 2 Hori(ble) wireless sticks for the 360 and a DS3 for the PS3. These sticks, however, will get some severe hacking done to them.
I'm wanting to attempt that RGB mod for the PC Engine, but I'm not sure when my mind will allow me to do that task. I should do it soon though...really soon.
I managed to find also back on Maui an old PSX. It's the 1001 model, so it has the RCAs on the back. The CD assembly is shot (laser moves, spindle not spinning), so I'm on the hunt during my digging sessions for a PSOne, which the CD assembly should work fine for it. I also gotta de-yellow the case on it.
There's also a BIOS swap that I may be doing in the near future for my Sega CDs. I did a trade deal with a forum/FB group/friend that was in search of an RGB capable N64. I have a spare one that fit the ticket for him. This was a while back, so he was just able to burn the EPROMs for the BIOSs recently. Kinda excited about that.
Whelp. More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment