Got an outer ear infection (often referred to as "Swimmer's Ear"). Went to urgent care to get diagnosed. ZoomCare. Amazing how quick it was, too!
Anyway. I had a day to myself. I called in because, well, my ear hurt. It's hard to think about procedure while your ear is throbbing in pain.
Digging didn't yield anything exciting. Well, there were some Pokemon games, and I was holding them. But, since I already had flash cards for most, if not all, Nintendo branded consoles (the only 2 left for me, I think, is the Virtual Boy and the 3DS), I felt like I didn't need them.
I got some super glue to fix up that wonky power switch issue I had with the Genesis from last week. Since I got them (the Genesis and the Master System) all disassembled and the insides dusted and cleaned and the shells are degunked a couple of days ago, I figure it was time to put them back together again.
I super glued the switch back properly to the case, then added some hot glue dabs to where the switch backing was heat sealed to the case originally. Let it dry for a bit. Got a strong connection there. Turning on and off like it was stock.
The Master System was just as easy to do, since I was only putting it back in together.
Also added both of them to my "registry". Wow, so many doubles.
I'm not gonna say anything now, but there might be something else I'm adding to the collection, but I'm not mentioning it until I get more info on it.
Oh, and for the record, the Genesis is a VA2 and the Master System, with the leaf switches (not reed, I'm dumb) was one of the first ones out. There's a time stamp on there that says "28 September 1987"...Meaning I was gonna be 11 years old when this one was made...no, September is not my birthday month. It's October.
No comments:
Post a Comment