I didn't get images of the initial opening of the console, but trust me. It was filthy. Dirt and dust balls all over. The cart slot was filled with dust balls. Grime all over the case.
I did manage to sweep up the board like I usually do (soft bristle paintbrush and usually a can of compressed air, but this time around I was just blowing real hard on it). Got it to a decent state. All the components looked fine (no blown caps, solder joints still solid), just a little patina on the edge of the board.
I managed to power the board up while I get the case cleaned, everything worked fine.
The controllers though...I'll let the pictures tell the tale.
...this was even before I opened it...
Cracked open. See that crust on the outer edge of the controller casing? Yeah, he played his games HARD!
The controller's PCB...what's that on the fire buttons?
@_@ I don't know what that stuff is, but DAMN!
Crusteriffic! No, not really.
After some scrubbing with Weiman's glass-top range cleaner and clean up with alcohol:
Nice, huh?
I also got a Light Phaser with the deal:
I also stripped this puppy down and cleaned up. It was also caked with dirt, but it was manageable.
So all there is now is to wait until the dishwasher is done and the case to dry. I washed the membranes for the controllers by hand, but ended up ripping one slightly being too aggressive on it. I hope it still works fine.
The hope is to trade this Master System, which ended up being a model 1 :(, and trade it for a clean model 2. I hope I can get this happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment