Saturday, October 3, 2020

Tools, 3D prints, and wire management...

 First things first, I needed better wire crimpers and connectors to finish up the Galaga wiring harness.

Got these ratcheting wire connector crimper and connectors. I would rather have a selection of Molex connectors, but these connectors worked for what I needed. I'm probably gonna use these for the RPi cab to fix up the speaker wiring.

So, when I last left the JAMMA harness for the Galaga cab, it looked like this:

...yikes...

Now after getting connectors and wire ties on it:

Much nicer. I had some connectors put onto the control panel end of the harness, so I'm able to swap between the original control panel and the new control panel that I plan on either making or buying soon.

I reached out to the maker of the GC loader SD Card mount. I asked if I could get the .STL files to print my own in a color that wasn't available through the site (Laserbear.net). He sent me the link to download the files. Tonight, I had time to finally print up the mount.

 I usually don't print on a raft. My prints on the Ender 3 Pro, when I print without a raft, end up having some white residue on it. Since the part that's gonna be touching the bed is gonna be the part that is shown, I decided to try printing it with a raft. I test printed a calibration cube on a raft, and it turned out OK. I hope that this comes out the same.

I did order the screw set and SD card extender from Laserbear.net. I just have to wait until that comes in before I start to take the Gamecube apart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment