I've just been in a mood lately.
I figured I'd just prep the Atari 5200 for an A/V/S mod that I've been meaning to do since 2015...yeah, it's been a minute.
I've been thinking, since I've been trying my hand at 3D design, I was gonna design a something that I can print to plug up the hole and provide a clean look for it...but I may forgo that and just get a washer or something to act as a baffle for mounting the jack...I guess I could combine the two and print a washer to work.
I found a A/V/S solution that works and has a relativity easy installation. A lot of Atari fans recommended it, so I went ahead and ordered one. I'll have more info when I do the install.
In the meantime, I went ahead and did some prep work.
I got my desoldering station out to desolder the CD4050 off of the 5200 main board. This is where the mod will plug in to where this is and output the video from it. The CD4050 is needed for the RF to work, from what I understand. So, since I don't use the RF anymore...
So, as I wait for more the board to come in, I put the main board back in the case and sidelined it. Don't worry, this is my focus right now.
I'm also looking at getting an aftermarket controller, since the ones I got with this don't work really well. I may look at fixing them to work, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.







No comments:
Post a Comment