Monday, May 11, 2015

Sorted that LED thing...

So, you recall a while back about me sorting out my issue with the power indicating  LED and how to get it to function properly with the current setup, right?

Well, I'm dumb.

Turns out that I needed a different switch than what I was using. Instead of an SPDT  (Single Pole Double Throw) switch, I needed a DPDT (Double Pole Double Throw) switch. One set off pins would switch the regions of the console, the other pins for the powering of the LED.

I already noted what pin goes to what region when switched. I'll use the same pins on the opposite side to link to the tricolor LED.

:\

Basically, for the  LED side of the switch, the end pins will go to the color leg of the LED, the center pin will be wired up to a close by 5v.

So, all I did for tonight was remove the old switch, file the opening more for the new switch, and wired it all together. I tested the switch to make sure the region mod worked fine.

Hopefully gonna finish this bad boy by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment