Friday, May 15, 2015

PCE Duo-R mod. Status: 90% done...

You know. I TRY not to rush things. But sometimes...man...

Anyway, here's the saga thus far.

Finalized the mounting of the Multi-out. I opted to use the PlasticWeld. I'm not gonna smooth it out like how I wanted, using a rotary tool, so I applied it and smoothed it out by hand and handle of a paintbrush.

Another angle.

As much as I TRIED to use just one RGB LED, I had to use 2...probably didn't have to, but stupid me broke the original LED hoping to get the RGB LED to work. I ended up using 2 LEDs: One showing region (Blue for PCE, Green for TG16), and one for disc access (red only)...I'm not proud of this, but this is the only I could get it to work. 

In the process of getting the LED to work, I think I may have killed a trace somewhere. I ended up putting a jumper wire in, getting it to finally work.

All that's left is to get the switch mounted and all the connections soldered in, then it's put the console back together, final testing, then delivery. DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment