Component and Audio out RCAs. I had to work the holes to get them to line up. I think the blue (Pb) is sitting a bit high, but only a millimeter.
Now, if you remember THIS POST from a while back, you'll see how the Multi-Out still had the screw holes and PCB notches in it. Since I had the ol' Dremel(esque) tool out, I trimmed it down to size.
Trimmed down. Looks so nice.
Then I got around to cutting a hole for said connector. Used a combination of Dremeling and drilling to get a bulk of plastic out. Then took to some time filing the hole to get the connector in. Got it to fit snugly, but...
There's a bit of space at the top of the notch there. Bothered me a bit, so...
I used some PlasticWeld just at the top of the connector. Used an Xacto knife to push the compound through to cover the hole up. So far, it's cured up pretty good.
Next came the Region mod switch.
Yes, it's a tiny switch. The hole was over estimated. It could be replaced with a different switch if needed, but for now, it'll suffice...I'm not happy with it, really, but it works.
While I wait for the compound around the connector and super glue to set for the switch, I'll take a break. I need to rest my hand from all the filing and whatnot and get it ready for a lot of soldering. I also need to set some epoxy to the connector and switch to get a stronger bond.
Almost there...
No comments:
Post a Comment