I thought it was time to tackle the monitor issue with the Galaga cab. When I last looked at it, I thought I saw what I saw, but gave them (the person who built up this cab and sold it to the guy I bought it from "them") the benefit of the doubt.
...
Oh...my...freaking...GAWUD! You're not seeing things. Those are self tapping screws going that was going into the VESA mount of the monitor...SELF...TAPPING...SCREWS! NO POINTY SCREWS INTO AN LCD MONITOR! EVER!
...
I took the monitor out and backed those screws out and sidelined them for when I needed self tappers for wood or something. I'm heading to the hardware store to get the proper size screws and some washers.There's gonna be a point soon that I'm gonna have to explore different options to mount that monitor. For now, though, I may leave that wood in there.
I felt that it was also time to tackle the marquee.
Taking the 3 screws off from the top of the cab and removing the bar that was up there allowed me to remove the marquee to expose the insides. I already removed the old light bar that held the fluorescent light fixture. The ad originally said that the speaker was new, but looking at it, it's kinda aged. It still works, so I'm not too worried about that. However, that light bulb and fixture had to go.
I'm gonna have to rewire this light bar and get an LED replacement light for it. Hopefully, It'll do more justice for showing off the original marquee.
I'm hoping that the light won't show behind the panel when I reuse that light bar. This is the original marquee (I think) for the cab. Worse comes to worse, I'm gonna try using a thin, white, UV protected piece of plastic to diffuse the light from behind.
More to come later.






No comments:
Post a Comment