Close up of the internals. That's a 74HC74 and 74HC125.
More internals. The 2 switches control Even/Odd number scanlines and Thin/Thick scanlines.
Closed up. The project box I'm using I got from work. It used to house upgrade parts for hearing aids. They apparently get a ton of these and they just throw them away.
And now, for comparison shots. These are all from the Dreamcast that I VGA modded a while ago on a LCD monitor. Using Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the following pics.
This is straight VGA.
Scanline generator in. I didn't bother doing Even/Odd comparisons since it's hard to tell, but this one is with Thin width (or height) scanlines. Little better definition on Ryu's arms as well as his gi.
With Thick scanlines. I've added this on because the guide I was following mentioned that for larger resolution monitors, sitting father away made it look a little better. I've yet to try it on my bigger TV.
Well, 3 hrs later, and this happened. It was a fun little project, but since I did it so late, it was also a little annoying.
Thanks to Mmmonkey for the guide. I may or may not make another one just because I have 2 more sets of those ICs ready (I had to buy them in a set of 3 online).
No comments:
Post a Comment