Monday, April 21, 2014

A "Sh*t Brix" moment...

As a favor to an Everdrive forum member, I was testing a game that they were having trouble with with the Twin Fami and my Fami.

Game worked fine when I tested it with the Twin Fami. When I went to test it with the Fami, no video came up. I thought I was using the wrong adapter, but even after swapping that out, it didn't work.

... This was all on my LCD...

I opened it up real quick to see if there was any broken connections from moving it; I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

I took it out to the Wega to test it and it worked fine out there. Since I had it all hooked up, I tested the game out there and had no glitches whatsoever.

Wow...dafuq happened there?

I recently went and looked at the guide I initially used to A/V mod the Fami a while back and it looks like they added more information and a different method to mod. I may just go ahead and update the mod. It involves socketing the PPU, so I'm gonna get to practice my desoldering skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment