Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New LCD for the Dreamcast...

Found this monitor for $19.99 whilst digging around at Goodwill.


It's a Dell 17" monitor. The main reason for getting it, other than it was cheap, was that the screen also rotates to vertical. I wanted that feature to play some Dreamcast shooting games that had the option to rotate the screen to vertical (Ikaruga, Triggerheart). Alas, the screen rotates clockwise; vertical mode in shooting games rotate the screen counter-clockwise.

...

I could mod the stand/screen lock thing, but I just took it as a loss. Eff it. Games look better on this LCD than they do on the old one I had.

As it goes for modding of any sort...I have to put it on the back burner yet again. My tendinitis flared up again, so it hurts to grip things for more than 5 seconds. I'm hoping that this episode doesn't last as long as it did the first time. I took a day from work today to let it rest. I didn't do much typing (until now) or writing or any grip activity. Meh.

I'm gonna nurse this until I'm decent again. Until then, I'll still have to plan the mods on the PC Engine, the SCART to Component converter, and the RGB to VGA converter...as well as the sync stripper AND getting my Famicom fixed up. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment