Well, several really. New GETs!
The Everdrive GB: GB/GBC flash card. Got this from a group buy on NG.com. Complete with case and a label.
Bunch of Goodwill digging: Wii Zapper, CIB Game Gear TV Tuner, and a Green GBC that came with Pokemon Blue.
I haven't tested the Zapper yet, but I'm sure it'll work since there's no electronic parts on it.
The TV Tuner is useless since there are no more analog signals. I can use it as a A/V monitor since it has that A/V jack. The dial does work; I can see the screen flicker when I move through the bands. The actual indicator (the little orange stick thing that shows what channel you're on) doesn't move. I may fix it, but I really don't care. It's there for my collection.
The GBC does work, no lines whatsoever, but the speaker is shot. I did open it up and clean the board and contacts and scrub the other plastic parts down. No corrosion on the battery contacts, battery cover still there (98% of the time, they don't have a cover), cart contacts look good. The speaker was rusted, so there was a tinny noise that came out of it. I've seen tutorials that use a NDS Lite speaker, so I may go that route. The actual GBC replacement speaker costs more than the NDS ones...on second thought, before I do that, I may see if I have some other devices that don't work that I can raid a speaker from. I've seen vids where they use a PSP speaker, but far be it for me to destroy a PSP for it's speaker.
I also just ordered a new LCD for my wife's old Kindle Fire. My kids cracked the LCD, thankfully the digitizer still works. It was the cheapest that I've seen for a while, so I had to scoop that up. Repair notes when I get the screen in.
...also, if the pics look different, it's because we got new phones, too. Samsung Galaxy S4's. Better battery life than our old HTC Rezounds ever had. Probably better pictures, too.
These look pretty awesome! It's cool tinkering around, finding out how things work, no? So is this a hobby you just picked up along the way? In any case, it is pretty useful to know your way around these things. Helps when you need to do some fixing on your own. Keep us up to date on any new stuff you got!
ReplyDeleteClara Brooks @ Telco World