I've been in a funk lately. Insomnia sucks.
I've sidelined the TG16 fix for the time being. Any of the fixes I've tried didn't work. I haven't patched the holes in the case yet to get it ready to receive the planned connector for it...maybe I should do that soon.
The plan is this. Voultar put up an S-video mod board (evaluation version) that takes the video signals straight from (well, close by it) the Hu6260. The board uses a THS7314 along with some other components. The video signal is amplified through the THS7314 and mixed to create the S-video signals and, if I'm looking at it correctly, an output for composite...not like I really care about it, but I always like having that option.
I'm planning to get all of it connected using a Nintnedo Multi-out connector, like how the SNES, N64, and Gamecube used. I've done it on my friend's PCE Duo-R, I'm hoping to do it with, maybe, all my consoles. It's a nice connector to use, highly compatible, and I can reuse the cable on multiple consoles.
I had some PCBs made for both the S-video mod board and the multi-out connector. I've already printed out a holder for the multi-out to use with the TG16. I've also just ordered the parts needed for the mod board from Mouser...It's been a while since I've ordered from there.
The boards have been already sent to fabrication. The multi-out board and an S-video breakout board are on their way here; the mod board is going to fabrication now. It's just a matter of time before I get back into the TG16 to finish it up.
In the meantime, I may order a region free BIOS chip for the Saturn I just fixed...maybe do a FRAM mod to it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment