In that video, he basically followed the guide(s) that are online. I started with my Pikachu 3DS XL. Following the guide, all that was really needed to do was update the a few things...really, just a few steps to update it. The 2DS was the the same for the update. Fairly simple.
I decided to attack my DSi XL next. It was a bit more convoluted than I remember. There were apps that I didn't need anymore, which lead to changing configurations that I didn't mess with for a few years. That lead to some options not being available or resetting to the wrong app. It took a few minutes to figure out what I needed to do, so now I have it back to a working state.
I figured at this point that I should update my Switch as well. For some reason, I can never get a smooth update done with the Switch. At first, when I was trying to get it to go into dev mode, it wouldn't do it properly. Come to find out that the fist USB-C cable that I was using wasn't a proper data transfer cable, just a charging one. After changing that out, the Switch took a bit longer to boot up. Updated the official firmware, did a reboot, then nothing loaded.
I started to get all the SD card stuff ready to redo the mod, but it turns out that just a few apps were corrupted. I ended up just removing what wasn't working then re-uploaded the apps that I knew that worked back on it. A few hours later, and I'm done.
There's some things that I have to take note. There are a few files, after updating, that I have to replace. Mainly, a .ini file. I have to be more proactive about doing the updates as they come.
...I really need to order those RGB amps for the PC Engine Duos so I can recap and mod them in one go. Soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment