TL (Top Loading) NES or NES2..whatever people are calling it nowadays. Anyway, I finished installing the NESRGB in it.
It's been a while since I modded my TL NES. I did a simple A/V mod using a PNP transistor and some other components and tapping the video signal from the PPU. It worked, but not without it's own problem. Biggest one being jailbars on the video signal. So, NESRGB gets ordered and installed.
It's no different from the AV Fami installation. There's just one caveat: audio. What's not mentioned is that audio will need to be tapped directly from the CPU. It doesn't need to be tapped on the AV Fami since audio is already there on the connector.
Audio tapped on pin 1 and 2 on the CPU. Pin 1 needs to connect to the "A" pad on the NESRGB, pin 2 to the "B" pad. It does mention this part in the NESRGB pinout PDF, though...yeah, I missed that the first time, whatever. Audio can then be output to, in my case, the multiout connector from the "O" pad on the NESRGB.
Next things I may be working on is my Coleco Gemini, Atari 2600 Jr., OG Famicom, or Game Gear. Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment