Working on getting an Arcade 1up modded with a Raspberry Pi. My friend (the PRGE Xbox work friend) bought this cab for a car sales lot that he works at to keep kids buisy, and the Pacman Arcade 1up that was there wasn't cutting it.
First off, the internals when I got it...
...ugh...wire (mis)management...He said that there was controller issues, I check all of it and they were all wired wrong.
Wrong size hole saw used for the button holes for a coin button. That blowout makes it not only ugly, but it made it so the button wouldn't sit level in there.
...ugh...
...UGH...
Monitor contoller...just hanging there...H A N G I N G T H E R E !
The monitor was tilted back enough, but my friend wanted it tilted back even more.
...I don't even know what's going on here. I'm not gonna even think about what's going on here.
Speakers and amplifier mounted on the front panel. Unevenly spaced, no symmetry, self tapping screws to "secure" them to the panel...no...
Lastly, joystick wire connections...soldered on...barely...JUST B A R E L Y !
As you can see, I already hate it. It had to be done to a point where it had to look clean.
I really didn't want to do this project...at all. But since I'm more familiar with Retro Pie setups, I ended up (reluctantly) taking the task.
FIRST THINGS FIRST! WIRE MANAGEMENT!
I had to do some trimming for the panel to allow it to tilt as much as possible. I ended up taking the sides out a bit and took the top off a little as well. Don't really care for it, but not my cab to make that decision. I'll have to use vinyl tape to cover up the old channels that the monitor panel used to slide into.
I put some kapton tape on the back of the monitor and some industrial strength velcro straps on to the new monitor controller board. The other one was stretching out the image too much. I also printed a mount for the Pi that hangs on the side panel with velcro tape.
At this point, all that's left is more cable and power management. I'm ready to be done with this thing.
There are more things coming up, just waiting on parts to come in.















No comments:
Post a Comment