Again, not without headaches.
I took a week off of work, just to relax my brain a bit. I was hoping to get the OG Xbox hard drive swapped before we went out for a weekend family getaway, but because of winter storms, the new hard drive didn't arrive until the day we were leaving. That's fine. I just threw it in my office and we went on our weekend.
When we got back on Sunday, I took a little break from the drive then dove into swapping the hard drive. I followed a tutorial on YouTube to for an app that clones the stock (modified) hard drive to the new hard drive. I got to a point that I thought that I selected the wrong option and tried to go back a step. Instead, it ended up formatting my new hard drive and locking it.
...
I tried everything I could to get it to work, but nothing I tried worked.
Feeling defeated, I texted my friend (the one that I help for PRGE setting up Xboxes)to help me get this drive back in order. I went over to his place, and maybe about 30 minutes later, we got the drive working with my Xbox again. While I was there, I had him update it to the latest version of the softmod and the updated dashboard to the latest version as well. All was good after about an hour.
As soon as I got home, I installed some games that I had already set up to the Xbox and ran some initial tests. Pretty much everything was good to go!
...tha-that's it. I'm hoping to get more things done soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment