It's been a slow week. I've been extremely exhausted every day after work. Today was a (really needed) day off.
After getting some errands done, I came back home to help out with some "distance learning" stuff...It's going as well as a 3rd grader will allow.
I'm still waiting for the ODE for the Dreamcast to come in. It it stateside, but exactly where, I'm not sure. USPS tracking hasn't got any word on it, so only time will tell.
In the meantime, I went ahead and put my Christmas stuff away after letting dry in the garage for a week. That gave me more room to work on the Galaga cab. I was able to rewire the marquee lighting to connect with the power supply. So now, when I plug in the cab to power it on, the marquee also turns on. I still haven't figured out how to diffuse the light behind the marquee, but that'll come later.
I also need to figure out the spacing for the monitor so it'll butt up against the glass a lot more. I tried gluing washers to the mounting board, but I don't think it got close enough. I bought some nylon spacers that I could possibly use, worse comes to worse, I can print something to work.
I played a few games on the Galaga cab to fun. I played some games that I haven't touched at all. It seems that some of the "newer" games (1943, for example), the BGM didn't sound right. It was really sounding off. I'm sure it's just the matter of the 60 in 1 board in there, so any other 60 in 1 that I put in there would probably sound the same. I may try it out anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment