So, I sent my old Dreamcast controller to the UV bin on Monday. By Wednesday, it still didn't look like it lightened up at all, so I washed it and slathered it up with more developer cream. I then rewrapped it and left it in the bin for a few more days.
I took it out this evening and cleaning all the developer cream off of them.
It's looking way better. It's not 100% original color by any means, but it's way better than it was. Mind you, this is my original Dreamcast controller, so it's around 20 or so years old. It needed a nice cleaning.
All put back together. Looking so clean
After trying to retrobright my old yellowing consoles and controllers, I'm pretty much thinking that I won't get it back to 100% original. I'll probably get it at 90% or so, but not 100%, and I'm ok with that. I'm sure there might be a way to get it OG, but for me, this is ok.
I'm still waiting on the ODE to come from overseas. Last I checked, it has left post there and is currently on it's way here. Hopefully, it'll get here safely and it works.


No comments:
Post a Comment