Sunday, January 31, 2021

Addendum to the NESRGB post...

The issue I had the last time with the straight RGB image had some artifacting or light static in the background. It was noticeable in the underworld Super Mario Bros level, but I noticed that the title screen image I posted also had that artifacting in it. 

I did some reading and according to the NESRGB's creator Tim W., it mentions that you can use a Gamecube SCART cable for RGB...I had one that I was borrowing from a friend, so I tried it out.

Amazingly enough, it worked perfect. There was no artifacting whatsoever. 

...

I thought that the Gamecube SCART cable was different, possibly having sync on a different pin. I mean, I'm still confused about it, but I guess the cable that I have works just right...makes me want to recheck my installation on my TG16 to see if composite sync is at the proper spot.

I also went back and checked with the original cable I had that uses luma for sync. Amazingly enough, it didn't show any artifacting...Hmmmm....

...I'm more confused about the Gamecube SCART cable working with the AV Fami and not the TG16. I think it has to do with the sync connection...I'm gonna have to tear into my TG16 again to see if I did anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment