After taking care of some things this afternoon, I finally got around to removing the power supply from the Neo Geo cab. The main thing I wanted to get done was to remove the power supply, open it up, swap out the fan, and blow out all the old dust and cobwebs inside the case.
...that was the plan anyway.
After removing the power supply from the arcade, I noticed a little bit of patina on the bottom of the power supply case. I didn't think anything of it.
After wiping it up, I proceeded to open the case. I was greeted with this:
Yikes!
And no, hitting it with an air duster didn't move this gunk, not one bit.
I had to sideline the project for now. I'm getting consensus on what to do next. Instinct is telling me to:
1. Spray it down with a cleaner (more than likely Simple Green), use a toothbrush to scrub it down, then spray it down with water and final rinse with distilled water. OR
2. Go to town with a pressure washer. OR
3. Swap out the power supply in the other arcade, then later get another power supply for that one when I start to work on it.
I'll probably just do 1, let it dry for a few days, then reinstall it. If that fails, then step 3.
Now that I can just link up my pictures from my Google Photos, posting might be more frequent now. Stay tuned, I suppose.

No comments:
Post a Comment