So, I ordered a connector that works with an adapter that I had bought for another project but didn't work.
Same dimensions as a Sega Genesis Model 1 adapter (2.1 mm inner diameter, 5.5 mm outer diameter). Fits the 12 VDC adapter that I had.
I did a quick wiring to the power points on the board and tested it. Stunning results, even through RF!
To make room for the new power jack, I desoldered the original power connector.
Removed. Fuzzy picture warning.
Old jack removed. No love loss.
All was going good, until I needed to mount the new jack...
I had the intent of using the original hole for the stock power jack. As you can see, it didn't fare out so well.
I marked it with where the connections should be (positive to the center of the jack, negative to the outer part).
I intend on getting back to this project. What's left to do is a video mod and probably some plastic patching like I've been doing to all the unused holes in my projects. I may invest in a mod board for it so I can get S-Video as well.
Anyway, I know it works with the adapter, so that's good. I'm gonna have to figure out the controller thing as well. It did come with 3 controllers: 2 that was in good condition and 1 that had the joystick rubber torn. Ironically, the one with the tear it in worked, the other 2 not so much. I'm gonna tear into it later as well.
I also made a decision on the 2 joysticks that I worked on the other day. I decided that the Neo Geo stick isn't worth saving anymore. I'm gonna strip it down and use the parts in the other stick which, in turn, I'm gonna make into a multi console stick.
More to come soon, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment