Since she was preoccupied with a combination of Netflix and telling her to read something so she doesn't lose reading comprehension before entering the second grade, I decided to finish up some of the projects that I've been getting lazy on working on.
First of, painting the recently patched items: The Genesis case and the Joystick case.
Here is, at least, the Genesis. Patched, sanded, and cleaned, ready for a hit of paint. Also got the Joystick case ready to go: bit of fine sanding, washing, and hit it with paint.
It was really quick, so I let them dry for about 4 hours or so.
I wanted the Joystick done more than anything, so I did that first.
Wiring all cleaned, not like that mess from a while back.
Look! No alligator clips! I bought proper terminal connectors to make this look clean(er).
I got some countersink screws to replace the pan head ones that were there. It made it look cleaner from the top. Problem was...well, see where the one screw is missing? Well...
I over tightened that one. In turn, it caused the case to re-crack. Also, the screws I got were too long, so it was hitting the joystick terminals. I'm gonna have to trim that down sometime soon.
I was kinda upset with it at this point, but eh, it still worked. You can see where I attempted to match the paint up, but that didn't work. I may have to strip it all down again and start over from scratch. I may just go matte black all over...or maybe go another color...soon.
I mulled it over on how disgusted I was with myself for breaking my patch job. So I decided to, yet again, work on another stick. Remember that stick I stripped down from a while back? Well...
I put it to some use. I have it wired for Neo Geo control. And yes, I tested it and it works perfect!
Back during my first attempt at making a CMVS, I made a connector that didn't work so well. I opened it up tonight to rewire everything in that connector to *sorta* follow the Neo Geo wiring convention. Then wired the top row of buttons along with everything else to said connections. Tested it with a quick sesh of Fatal Fury Special to find everything working.
As a note, the cable that I used had only 12 wires, including the shielding that I used for ground. That problem I noted with the "D" button was eliminated because I figured that I could just jump the 2 pins that is listed as registering "D" would work just fine, which it did.
I still have hopes and aspirations to convert this controller into a multi console controller. I am going to switch out the buttons currently in there to more arcade style ones...possibly change out the joysick as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment