Luck had it that another one was found, so guts were swapped and store credit was given. I was able to get a picture, finally. Alas, a lot of light shadows.
I happened to find another one, really cheap. It did work, but the brightness dial had broken, so I was left with a bright screen and no images.
Tonight, I tried to remove the brightness dial from the older one and transplant it to the one with the broken dial in it.
The one on the right is the older one. You can see the capacitors swapped out and the brightness dial already removed and transplanted to the other one on the left.
Both were the same board revision. As you can see, the dial that was removed was broken completely off.
The caps were not changed on the newer(ish) one, so I was still getting some ghosting. Not sure if I wanna go through the hassle of swapping them out again, or just letting them be.
No comments:
Post a Comment