Saturday, April 25, 2015

Wiring up Region Modchip. DONE!

I think I have another outer ear infection...yeah, same symptoms as the last time. That goodness I still had some of those drops left. Gonna start instilling them tonight.

Add wrist pain to that...yeah, I'm a bit in pain.

Had to trudge through it, though. Figured it'll take me no more than 30 mins or so (meticulous me) to wire up the "Obey" PC Engine region modchip and get it ready for tomorrow.

Got to stripping some IDE cable wire, plotted how I was gonna do it, then got right to it.

Wired up. I also marked with a Sharpie the different connections (from the mainboard to the HuCard connector). Noted the colors I was using for pins 15 and 20.  Switch for the mod is currently attached for testing. I'll probably shorten it when I start doing casework. 

All connections soldered in place.

From topside of the modchip. The colors are noted so I know what connection goes where. 

I did forget to individually heatshrink the connections on the switch, but I think a general one that covers all three pins should work. I'll revisit that when it's time to mount it in the case.

I'm really not liking how exhausted I am from work and trying to work on this thing. Thank goodness the owner of this console is understanding. 

Tomorrow, I'm determined to get this installed and properly tested. After that, it's pretty much downhill with the casework to be done. That multi-out will be the funnest part of all of the casework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment