Wednesday, March 25, 2026

Updating the Lava RGB kit mainboard...

I'm hoping this will help out others trying to update their Lava RGB 2.0 boards to the latest firmware or, in my case, update the correct firmware for the console it's being installed in. I'm also using this so I have a spot where I can recall how to update the Lava RGB if I forget.

 

WARNING! 

I will not be held responsible if your Lava RGB board dies during the upgrade process! These are the steps that I took to upgrade 2 of my Lava RGB boards. These are the instructions that I followed on the Lava RGB website that worked for me (using Google Translate). Please read/look over the procedure here and at the Lava RGB website and understand the basics of installing programs and drivers on Windows OS. 

Thank you for understanding! And best of luck! 

 

Prerequisite:

Procedure:

 

Click on the images in the steps to enlarge it for easier viewing. 

 

    1. Unzip DL 1.5 software, driver files, and the firmware. It helps to just unzip the files in their own folder on the desktop.
 
    2. Go to the DL 1.5 folder and install the proper version for your Windows OS (in my case, I needed to install the 64 bit version).
 
 
     3. This is the start screen. Click the button with the "N" on it to advance.
 
 
    4. On this screen, click on the button marked "M", then click the button with "N" on it to advance. The "N" button will become available after selecting the "M" button.
 
 
    5. Here, click the button with the "N" on it to advance.
 
 
    6. Here, click the button with the "I" on it to advance. Depending on your Windows security settings, there might be an additional window that pops up that asks if you want to continue the installation. Allow the installation to finish. When it's done installing, click the button to finish/exit.
 
 
   7. Connect your Lava RGB board to your PC with a USB-Micro B cable. Powering on the console is not necessary for flashing. If the USB cable cannot be inserted easily, the Lava RGB can be temporarily removed from the console. Use a piece of paper to protect the Lava RGB board from shorting.
 
 
Image courtesy of Lava RGB.
 
    8. Right-click the Windows button and select "Device Manager". There should be a device marked "USB-JTAG-Cable" as it shows in the image above. Right-click on it and select "Update driver". 
 
 

     9. Select "Browse my computer for drivers". Then, go to the "al-link" folder that was unzipped earlier > win10 (or win7 if you're using Windows 7) > x64 and select "Open"
 
 
Image courtesy of Lava RGB. 
 
    10. You should now see "Anlogic AL -Link Mini" instead of "USB-JTAG Cable". You can now close Device Manager.
 
    
Image courtesy of Lava RGB.
 
11. On your desktop, select "DL 1.5-64bit" (marked 1 in the above image) to start the program. Click the "Add+" button (2). A window will open. This is where you'd select the firmware for your console, which should be in a .bit file extension. It should show in box 1 of the "File Selection" area. After selecting the firmware, click the "Run" button (3) to begin the installation.
 
 
Image courtesy of Lava RGB.
 
12. After installation, you should get a success line as shown in the image above.
 
13. Unplug the USB cable from the Lava RGB board, reassemble the console and test it to check the firmware installation and proper operation of the Lava RGB.
 

Troubleshooting:

If, after flashing, it doesn't work properly, try reflashing the Lava RGB, possibly a firmware below it. It's important to use the correct firmware for your console. 
 
 

Reference: 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment