Thursday, March 19, 2026

IGR issues with Lava RGB...

So with the Lava RGB installed in the OG Famicom and tested thoroughly, I started to wonder why the IGR on the Famicom works just as it should, but not on the NES? 

I did some searching about this. It turns out it's all about the reset state the console is in.


In the Famicom, when reset isn't pressed, it stays in a high state. 


When the reset button is pressed, the console goes into a low state. It obviously goes back into a high state when the reset button is let go... I have a tool pressing on the reset button here while I held the logic probe on the pin AND took the picture.

Here's the NES. When the reset button isn't pressed, the pin is in a low state. Obviously, the reset pin will go into a high state when it's pressed. It's opposite from the Famicom.

It might be the programming on the Lava RGB itself, but this might be the reason the IGR isn't working properly. Heck, it might be the reason that the palette switching from the controller may be glitchy from time to time.

Not sure what I can do from here. I may just remove the reset wire or just dig deeper into making it work. Stay tuned, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment