And, just like any other time, I'm exhausted. Amazingly enough, we were able to break down the Xbox LAN area faster than usual. A lot of people made the breakdown of the LAN area and the booth much easier.
So, as always, before I totally knock out, here's what I ended up getting.
...I guess I should've tightened up the shot...anyway.
Games that I got:
Jaguar Raiden and Alien Vs Predator
NES Pac-man (Tengen label) and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Famicom Gomokunarabe (whick makes my "Pulse Label" Famicom cart collection closer to complete) and Star Luster.
Xbox 360 Ridge Racer
Not shown: Power Instinct JAMMA board
Console:
A Pikachu Nintendo 64. Funny story about this one. I've been on the hunt for one of these for a while now. This year, I was determined to get one. On the night of set up for PRGE, I saw one out. It was set for a decent price, but with a random controller, not the original Pokemon one that it was originally packed with. I really was just interested in the console itself, and he was willing to cut a deal, but I didn't want to jump on it just yet until the following day.
The next day, I went back to the same booth, but still reluctant to jump on the deal. I walked on to the next booth that had the same console for sale, for the same price with the original controller! I talked the price down a few bucks, and, well...I have the console I've been looking to get for a while!
Etc.:
I picked up some SCART cables for the Genesis Model 2 and an adapter for the Model 1. That little black box is the CARBY; am HDMI adapter for the Gamecube!
I also got a special limited edition cartridge for the Classic Tetris World Championships...Well, I think it's a cartridge; too afraid to open it. It was given to me by one of the assistants from the CTWC for repairing a few NES consoles for them...or rather, refurbishing the cartridge connector. Not bad, really.
To end the PRGE festivities, I was able to meet up with a few friends that I've meet through one of the forums I've frequented. It was an amazing night, finally able to sit and chat with these friends I've made throughout the years and just not in quick passing at the expo itself. They've come from across the US and also Canada to come in this event.
It's been a great PRGE! And next year, it'll break the tradition of the October event to August for next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment