Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Neo Geo Marquee Cleaning...

I haven't been feeling well, with fall allergies, and helping with getting Xboxes ready for PRGE, there was little to no energy to get anything done. So I just did some cleaning in the Neo cab.

I wiped down the back of the monitor, the chassis tray, and the monitor frame of all the dirt. That was simple enough. Put a sticker that noted the date I changed the caps out, and was finally able to close the back of the cab by the monitor. There's still the actual MV4 that I have to clean and mod, then I can fully close up the back and call it good. The thing that's holding me back to start working on it is that I want to install a UniBIOS on the MV4, but currently, it's unavailable for purchase.

So, until then, I turned my attention to the front of the cab.

I started by cleaning the front glass of the monitor. When I first got the cab, all I did was just wipe the glass and monitor kinda free of dust. I finally got glass cleaner out and did a better, deeper clean of the glass and the monitor. I also got the dust and cobwebs out from around the front of the monitor. It's looking much nicer now!

And finally, I cleaned the top marquee. Most arcade cabs have stickers on the marquee from the vendor or a repair company. This one had one as well. It was partially peeled back, with a lot of residue remaining.

I had to fight the temptation of getting a razor blade to scrape the residue off, risking scratching the marquee. So, I used 91% isopropyl alcohol to remove the rest of the sticker and remove the residue, taking care of not getting the alcohol on the back of the marquee, so I don't run the risk of removing paint on the back.

I didn't take a close-up shot of the marquee, but here's one of the whole cab, where you can see the sticker at the top-right corner of the marquee.


And here's the marquee now.



Figure while I had it out, I should properly clean it, so now it looks nice and shiny.

I thought I posted it, but I got the bottom coin door opened up. I had to brute force it with a crowbar.


I ended up breaking a little of the case in the process.


I was hoping to get some change in there, but I was greeted with this.


A nice coin bin and another Molex plug for the power supply.


And there was also some Metal Slug 2 things.

I think next I'm gonna tackle the control panel. I figured out how to remove the whole panel from the cabinet, but I have to mark all the wires before I attempt that.

No comments:

Post a Comment