When closing up a Gamecube, make sure the disc lid is up prior to setting it on the case.
I was cleaning up a Gamecube that I got for relatively cheap. Got all the insides cleaned and the case de-gunked. Putting it all back together I was hitting snags.
First the Open button wasn't working right.
Then the Reset button.
Then both.
Finally got both to function properly, but then the disc wouldn't spin. Turns out that I had the lid closed and jammed the top case back on. I ended up cracking the lid switch beyond repair.
...
I'm already tired from a shitty day at work. So all I did was short the connection for the lid switch and called it good.
Works perfect, but I have to figure out what do to for multi disc games like Metal Gear Solid...hard switch maybe? I dunno. I plan on hacking this one in the future, adding HDMI and SD card loading.
No comments:
Post a Comment