Sunday, October 2, 2016

Gameboy Macro: Done!

...and I'm not happy with how the paint turned out.

First off, Valspar brand paint from Lowes sucks. Even if the color is pretty spot on for what I needed, it just didn't do as well as I wanted. Even after letting it dry for several days, it's still soft. It's so soft that there's finger prints left whenever I press down on it.

It's also my fault since I didn't notice that it was a paint and primer in one. I don't know if that means anything, but I guess it kinda messed things up. It went on a bit thicker than I wanted, so I had to scrape some paint off in order for the battery cover to go back on.

Even so, it's easily chipped/marred since it's still soft. So most of the paint work I did felt like all for naught.

...f**k...

HOWEVER...It does look pretty good (color wise) with the pink and green.

Chock it up for this being an experiment/practice in painting and my "skills" as a modder. I have a working Gameboy Macro with a really nice back light on it, so there's a plus.

If I do anything different, I'd use only Rustoleum for painting. I did put on a clear coat, but I guess I didn't put enough coats on it.

Pics to follow. It's late and I really just need to rest now.

No comments:

Post a Comment