Monday, June 30, 2014

Master System: Fixed!

Although, I'm having the crappiest time trying to desolder the old 7805 on it, I think I managed to get it installed pretty decently. It's always the solder hole for ground that I can never get clear. I know I should be patient, but damn, that was tedious.

Anyway...

Here it is. This is just after installing the 7805 back, getting thermal grease smeared on, and powered on. It's nekkid, but it'll work fine like this. 

I'm just letting R-Type's demo run. So far, everything looks good for just RF. A/V/SV mod later? Maybe.

The original culprit: A blown 7805. The input leg wasn't producing any voltage, and there was white residue all over the 7805 and the heatsink, so I'm thinking that this was blown by...I dunno, an NES adapter maybe?

Whilst typing this blog out, there were some glitching, but I'm waving that off as being interference from the exposed board. It's lasting longer than it did with the blown 7805 in it, so that's a good sign. 

I'm gonna close it up for now. I'm gonna do a deep cleaning in the near future. I'm just really tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment