After much hassle (those damn grounding points), I finally removed the RF modulator from the PC Engine.
I also got an RBG amp for it, just because.
I'm thinking, since I'm not selling it nor do I have plans to sell it, I'm gonna go ahead and use the DB9 connector. Wiring it up is gonna be another thought process, but at least now I have a decently sized area to work with. I'm going off the plans on GamesX.com for a multi connector, but I'm still wondering if I should implement a +5V connection within the mod. I was gonna replace that pin that's suggested for +5V with composite video, seeing down the line when I start hardcore modding for RGB, the device I plan on using for RGB to the Wega's Component input probably won't need it.
More research to be done. I definitely do not want to rush this thing. I'm gonna use this PC Engine for all my RGB testing for now since it's the smallest and I have majority of the components to complete the mod. I'm hoping that as soon as taxes and/or my extra check comes in, I'll be able to get this RGB thing in high gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment