Ahh, first post of 2014...whatev...
Nothing on the frontier of digging. Well, almost nothing. I did manage to find a Neo Geo Pocket Color in semi decent condition...with a KoF game to boot! But this was technically last years find.
To add to my portable collection, I got a Wonderswan color in a FB group trade. Sure, the trade included a one game which was Shanghai and I gave up Side Arms and Ninja Spirit but who cares! I have an Everdrive for the PC Engine/Turbografx-16. I don't really need them...I really need to find a shooter and Beatmania for the WSC...really wanna play that...
My SD2SNES is slowly making its way from Ukraine to the US. It's already left the Ukrainian post office and is en route to me as we speak. I already gutted and de-labeled an SNES cart. Lucky for me, it was a Super FX game, so it had the extra notches already punched out for special chip games so I didn't need to further modify a donor cart for it. It was a random game I had high hopes on getting it to work, but the cart was dead...Meh, $5 for the shell isn't too bad. I just gotta trim out the notches for the SD card now.
I haven't been in the mod to mod, but I do have a couple of projects waiting to be done. It's just a matter of time now...and energy.
Oh, so yeah. Challenges.
If you recall last year, I started doing monthly challenges instead of making New Year's resolutions (break resolutions, fail challenges). Plan on doing the same this year. The longest running challenge (read: the challenge to complete before the end of the year) is learning FPGA programming. It's a long shot, but I'm gonna try, at least, try to make a simple thing and have it work. Here's to trying!
Also, today marks the 16th anniversary of my dad's passing. Yeah, I try to keep tabs on something like that. Always will love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment