Monday, October 7, 2013

Portland Retro Gaming Expo...

So I went to PRGE this past weekend. I feel I should take the whole weekend next time, but eh. Whatev.

This was also the first expo of...anything...I've ever been to. Never went to PAX or SDCC or even RCCC (Rose City Comic Con).

Needless to say, it was fun. There was a whole section with Podcasters and others, a HUGE reseller area, a freeplay arcade, pinball, and console area, main stage where some DJs and Chiptuners did their thing, and a tournament area.

I figured while I was there, I sat through couple of panels. Joe DeCuir was one, who helped develop the Atari 2600, Amiga, and USB. Also sat through a Podcast of "Watch Out For Fireballs". Pretty funny.

I mainly went there for consoles, the biggest one I was hunting for was a 3DO. Well...

And yes, I talked the guy down. So I got the 3DO at half of what eBay auctions are going now, Return Fire for the 3DO (my personal favorite game) for $6, and GTA III and Gologo 13 for $1 each. I also got a manual for GTA: San Andreas because the one I got was missing it...and I was anal about that.

I got all the hookups for the 3DO. Clean on the outside...but the controller however...

Hmmm....Doesn't affect the gameplay at all, but I'm real anal about my controllers and having them be clean. 

The inside of the 3DO was a bit dirty too, so I may have a crack at that later, too. 

All in all, it was fun. Hey, I even got to see some cosplayers do this:

Yup...Halo Spartans playing DDR.

No comments:

Post a Comment