Monday, September 23, 2013

It's something...

Several things here:

First off, I had a nephew on my wife's side pass away in a car accident at the beginning of the month. Very sad. Really good kid. RIP, Tanner.

Second, I got a dresser from a family member that was the perfect height and strength for the big ass TV I got the other day. Using the drawers to put my bins of games and accessories for the consoles in it.

I got around to playing with whatever S-video modified consoles I had. Of course, like when I played the CMVS in component for the first time, everything in S-video shined pretty nicely. The Genesis was a little bright, so I may or may not go back in to swap out components.

The Master System worked really well, and that's with using the original schematic for both Sega systems.

I just got though playing on the TG-16 through S-Video tonight, too. I played 1943 Kai, which worked out well with all the bright colors and movements. I got so caught up in the game that I finished it outright. At least I know my region mod is holding up.

I may jump in again and try out the SNES and N64 on that TV though S-Video. I'm also contemplating leaving my Dreamcast inside to use with my main HDTV since I did the VGA mod to it...might as well play at a higher res, right?

Anyway, playing on the TG-16 reminded me that I still need to clean up the internals from all my mods. I may have to redo the LED power indicator I made for it.

Oh, I also need to add that I'm still actively hunting a PVM monitor. The CL deal I've been eyeballing has fell on the wayside. There was a couple that posted up in the free section, but after I contacted them, the "seller" changed his tune and wanted money instead of just giving them away....S**T! Oh well. I'm still gonna pick one up if it comes up on the free section again.

No comments:

Post a Comment