So, my desktop decided to go all AI on me and turn on and off at random. I showed it by switching the power supply off. Mobo might be going bad. Oh well. Time to build a new one.
In the downtime, I've managed to revive my brother's old notebook for use while I source parts for the new computer...damn, that thing's slow.
I've also been cleaning a bunch of cartridges. Did a bunch of NES and Genesis games I'm planning on keeping from that big haul from last year. Gonna clean up the Atari ones in a few days, seeing that I may be inundated from my pending Wisdom teeth removal tomorrow.
Speaking of Genesis games, I cleaned up a mod on a Model 1 Genesis I did a while back by securing wires for the A/V mod and shortening those wires. Put it with a disconnect for future openings. I'm trying to figure out how to get stereo sound without tapping the headphone jack connections just because of the volume slider and the static-y noise that comes from it. Will report success or failure in future reports.
No comments:
Post a Comment