Sunday, March 24, 2013

Famicom...modified...

I done did it. I don't like playing games through RF, and I don't think I can ever go back to that. So what do I do?

I A/V modded the Famicom I got last week.

Was it easy? Kinda, but I'm used to crap like this.


Here's the mod itself. I took instructions from various sites.

It still gives me the "jail bar" effect when I'm playing, but it took a while to get to a decent point. What's not shown is the modifications I did to the RF box itself, since it's built together with the power circuit on the same board. I may go back in and try to use the mod I did with my TL NES...but at a later time. I'll live with the bars for now.


All buttoned up, primed and ready. I (brutally) removed the original RF jack and used a standard gold plated RCA jack for video. I removed the channel selector switch and added a 3.5 jack to use for sound. So yeah, I made it just like I did with the TL NES. I'm happy with the results.

I also broke down and got the Famicom version of the Everdrive N8 (a flash cart that uses SD cards). I can't wait to use it in this machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment